Do you have a passion for user experience design, and do you want to be able to get instant feedback on your work from the actual users?
At JYSK, we are dedicated to delivering the best possible customer experience across all channels. Which is why, we are looking for a UX specialist with a good understanding of business processes to help us design our applications, so they support our Store colleagues whenever they meet the customer.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
You will be in a unique position to own user experience in the Point of Sales application and get to do all the processes around UX: research, design, getting feedback from end-users and developers on prototypes and UI, oversee that your design is implemented in code and do follow-up on actual use when the new/updated features are released to the stores. You also get to build and maintain your own design guide / library in close cooperation with the other UX specialists at JYSK head office.
You will get to visit the stores – in Denmark and other countries – to interview and research and get immediate feedback on your designs.
You will be part of the Store Applications team, which is part of the IT organisation.
We are business consultants focusing on the In-store operations and we are responsible for the applications which support daily operations like sales, customer orders, merchandise management, label poster print etc. and are used by our colleagues in the stores in all countries.
You will be working closely together with the other members of the team – especially the frontend developers – the other UX specialists at the Head Office, as well as the Retail organisation and other JYSK central departments in a Unified Commerce context.
The close cross-departmental cooperation must lead to consistent and user-friendly solutions provided for the Store Staff wherever they meet the customers.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- A great opportunity to develop and grow professionally and personally
- A workplace in an exciting international company where results, expansion and development have a high priority
- A relaxed and open-minded atmosphere with rich opportunities to cooperate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- To be part of a dedicated department with a short distance from decision to action
- Well-functioning work-from-home policy
WHAT YOUR NEXT JOB WILL BE ABOUT
Your tasks and responsibilities in the job includes:
- Conducting user research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods like contextual inquiry, story boards, surveys and web analytics.
- Conducting field studies (store visits) and facilitating workshops.
- Making concept/requirement descriptions in cooperation with stakeholders across the organization/countries.
- Prototyping/wireframing in all shapes and forms (low/high-fidelity).
- Validating your designs, e.g. via usability testing and heuristic evaluation
- Sharing your designs and findings with the frontend developers and work closely with them to see your designs implemented
You can read more about our department here.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
We are looking for a new colleague who:
- Is capable of utilizing User Experience theory and –experience, and combine this with a good understanding of business processes and user behaviour to help us improve our digital presence in the stores
- You must be strong in methods, work systematically and structured, but be able to adapt your skills to practical use
- You have experience with prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Figma, Axure and Adobe XD
- Your ideas and solutions must be intuitive and motivating for our Store Staff and at the same time support the business flows of a large international retail organization
- To a high degree, you are defining your own workday and we expect that you have a clear opinion on where your efforts create the most value for JYSK
- You are able to build and maintain your own design guide/library for the product you are responsible for
IS THIS YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY? Apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Manager, Store Applications, Lasse Hedensted at +45 25408411
Send us a brief application with your CV by clicking “Apply”. We process applications on an ongoing basis and complete the recruitment once we have found the right candidate.
We believe that our employees are key to our success going from one store in 1979 to more than 3,000 stores worldwide today. That is why we strive to offer development and possibilities of growing within JYSK, and we also take pride in rewarding engagement and a great effort among our employees. Our three fundamental JYSK Values – Tradesman, Colleague and Corporate Spirit – express the behavior and attitude that we can expect from each other. We trust each other, and we believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
JYSK wants to include everyone, no matter the age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and experience. Together, we secure our inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Because a great mix of minds, talents and unique personalities makes us a stronger team.
For more information, please visit our career page.