|Advertising Department||CAMPUS LIVING|
|Academic Term/Year||Summer 2023|
|Position Title||Self-Help – Desk Assistants|
|Student Job Category||Student – Self-Help Campus Job|
|Number of Vacancies||10|
ECU Campus Living is currently seeking several Desk Assistants.
This position description is designed to provide applicants with a general idea of the desk assistant position and expectations and is subject to change. Hired DAs will sign a position agreement which will outline the specific requirements of the position.
Purpose of Position
The Desk Assistant is a student staff member who assists the summer camps of residence halls by providing excellent customer service at the front desk. DAs help residents by answering questions from guests, checking out temporary keys, answering the phone, and providing general customer service for resources provided at the desks.
• Be available to assist in covering desk hours on weekends and/or holidays and in the absence of the Desk Clerk.
• Answer the phone and general questions at the front desk from residents and guests.
• Check out equipment to residents from the front desk.
• Complete all required forms at the front desk.
• Check-in/out residents during opening and closing periods and during off-cycle room changes.
• Maintain confidentiality of student information in accordance with Residential Services and FERPA policies.
• Use the highest level of professionalism when addressing students, guests, or others who utilize the front desks.
As a result of being a student employee within the Division of Student Affairs, students will have the opportunity to gain the following competencies based on NACE Top Eleven Skills Employers Seek and CAS Learning Domains:
• Effective Communication
|Preferred (Majors, Experience, GPA, etc.)||
• Be a East Carolina undergraduate student.
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above.
• Be in good disciplinary standing with the University.
• Students with or without work-study eligibility are welcome to apply.
• You may work up to 25-35 hours per week.
|Special Instructions to Applicant||
Please upload your resume online.
|Quick Link for Direct Access||https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/63790|
|Open Until Filled||No|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is a federal law that bars an institution of higher education from revealing personally identifiable information about a student to a third party without that student’s written permission. The Act does allow persons within the university system with a “legitimate educational interest” and some legal agencies with subpoenas to access this information. A full copy of FERPA is available to you upon request. I understand that, as a part of the selection and hiring process, Campus Living Conduct Office (CLCO) will complete a review of my campus conduct history. Further, I authorize CLCO to share the findings of my conduct review with the hiring official(s) for this role.
- I acknowledge the above statement and grant CLCO permission to access my student conduct record and provide the hiring official(s) for this position with my student conduct record.
- I acknowledge the above statement and do NOT grant CLCO permission to access my student conduct record and provide the hiring official(s) for this position with my student conduct record.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Cover Letter
- Additional Document #1
- Additional Document #2
- Additional Document #3