BMO Technology & Innovation Banking is a specialized team that provides capital and advice to the largest high-growth technology companies across North America. We are a leader in providing solutions to a variety of technology companies including, enterprise software, consumer software, hardware and life science businesses and we focus on all stages of their lifecycle from inception up to and following a liquidity event (i.e. IPO / M&A transaction / etc.)
As an Associate on the Technology & Innovation Banking Team, you will (1) assist a team of Directors with leading the expansion of our market share in North America; (2) work closely with a team of analysts who will support you with leading credit underwriting as well as day to day management of your portfolio; and (3) work with a team who recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is imperative to building a successful team.
- Support the team in making recommendations regarding risk, deal structure, client requirements.
- Protect the Bank’s assets and maintain portfolio quality by managing the timely review of reporting and completing annual reviews.
- Lead and perform due diligence and credit analysis of current and prospective clients.
- Perform risk rating calculations to complete risk assessment.
- Critical member of the client-facing relationship team – participate in client calls and site visits.
- Create financial models that are used to assess financial soundness including appropriate covenant, analysis of SaaS metrics or other technology specific ratios, and to structure the appropriate financings.
- Review credit documentation for conformity with approved credit terms and conditions.
- Work collaboratively with the others including Capital Markets, Wealth Management and Commercial Banking to identify new credit and non-credit sales opportunities.
- Adhere to Commercial lending processes, policies and procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
We are looking for individuals who have a deep passion for the technology sector and who have the following attributes and qualifications:
- A self-starter that is results focused and dependable
- Enjoys working in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Capable analytical skills
- Minimum of 2-5 years of financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment or related Capital Markets experience
- Possesses a consulting mentality and an ability to address client strategic issues
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, and committed to succeed in a high growth business environment
- Supportive team-player mentality and a role model who will initiative in developing our future talent
- Exceptional time management and personal planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dedication to customer service demonstrated by a sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Application Deadline: 07/13/2023
Job Family Group: Commercial Sales & Service
Address:100 King Street West